This may be a bit of a downer, but it is important…and should not be lost among the tsunami of Evil that is flooding America today.
I have been involved, to one level or another with rescuing Companion Animals for decades. Sadly, the supply of discarded animals is still FAR too huge. This was a disgrace in the 60s, and continues to be just as bad today. What does this mean? Well, It means that kittens like this:
- Rescue an adult cat from the shelter and give it a good home. Kittens are cute, but, Adults can be far better companion animals.
- If adding a Companion Animal to your household is not possible, that is fine. However, what about fostering a cat or dog for a time? This is inexpensive, and easy to do.
- Contact your local shelters and Rescue Groups and find out what they need. Typically, these needs include blankets, dry and wet food, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Pressure your local government to provide adequate funding and support to allow the shelter to become “No Kill”.
- If you see or interact with an animal that appears to be a stray, please do not just walk by it. If you cannot reach out and help the animal directly, then, keep the contact information of a couple of rescue groups in your phone, and take a minute to let them know about the situation.
- If you can take time to help a stray or Feral animal, please do so…Feed the cats on your porch, and, arrange for them to get neutered. There are rescue groups that will help with this, and many locations now have low cost or free “fixing days”
Powered by Blogilo